At Mitchells, we sell a wide range of valuable, interesting, and unusual items from Antiques and Fine Art to Vehicles and Machinery. We hold four distinct types of auction, comprehensively covering the market:
Fine Art & Antiques
Our Flagship quarterly sales of Rare and Valuable antique objects
Specialist sales by Category
– including our Market leading Sporting & Toy sales
Fortnightly Interiors Auctions
Eclectic and exciting sales focusing on Interior Design.
Timed Clearance Auctions
– Monthly sales of useful Household items, Machinery and more
Our friendly and experienced team offer accurate and straight forward sales advice – our aim is to make selling with Mitchells simple. First, you will need a free, no obligation valuation of items for sale.
Valuations for Sale
- Every day is valuation day at Mitchells. Simply make an appointment by calling 01900 827800 and bring your items in for appraisal. We are always able to accept goods for sale.
- For larger items, or if you are some distance away, send email us ([email protected] or via our web form below) with an image and your contact details and we will quickly respond.
- For complete house contents and large consignments, we are happy to visit you at your home or at the premises concerned. Just call 01900 827800 for an appointment.
- We also offer full House Clearance services – completely emptying properties ready for market. Please contact us for a quote.
Selling Charges - Fine Art Sales and other Specialist Sales
- Our standard rate of commission is 20% plus VAT on the hammer price of all lots.
- There is a lot fee of £5 + VAT per item in respect of each lot entered for sale. This is charged in addition to commission.
- Photographic Fee. At the discretion of the Auctioneer, items may be photographed for inclusion in the Fine Art catalogue. The basic cost of this is charged to the vendor.
Selling Charges – Interior & Timed Sale
- Our standard rate of commission is 20% plus VAT on the hammer price of all lots. A minimum of £1 per lot is charged on all items sold.
- There is a lot fee of £2 + VAT per item in respect of each lot entered for sale. This is charged in addition to commission.
- Electrical Goods. By Law all electrical items entered for sale must be tested to comply with current Trading Standards legislation. The fee for this is £3.00 + VAT per item. If we need to fit a modern plug to an article the fee for this is £1.50 + VAT.
- Upholstered Goods. In accordance with current legislation all upholstered items entered for sale must comply with the 1988 Fire Regulations and be tagged accordingly, the only exception to this being items upholstered prior to 1950.
We have our own removal vehicle and can collect your items for sale. Our charge for removal and transportation is £55 +VAT per hour for two men and the vehicle.
We offer full house clearance, leaving properties completely empty and ready for market and with saleable items sold through our auctions. Contact us for a quote.
We can also arrange for medium term storage if required. Please contact the saleroom for details.
[WEB FORM AS PER VALUATIONS PAGE]